- This policy is effective as of October 21st 2009.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Handipoints does not own or control, or to people that Handipoints does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Handipoints collects personal information when you register with Handipoints, when you use Handipoints products or services, when you visit Handipoints pages or the pages of certain Handipoints partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Handipoints may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, ZIP code and personal interests. When you register with Handipoints and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Handipoints collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
- Handipoints automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Handipoints cookie information, your general geographic location, the kind of browser or operating system you use and the page you request.
- Handipoints uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- When a child under age 13 registers with Handipoints, the parent or guardian is notified via email. The parent or guardian must then approve the child’s account information before the account is activated. Handipoints complies with the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Handipoints does not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent’s permission.
- Handipoints does not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion.
- For children’s areas of the website, Handipoints will obviously and completely delineate between the website’s own editorial content and third party advertising.
- Some personally identifiable information, like the e-mail address, is not necessary to the operation of a child’s account. To edit this optional personally identifiable information, log into the parent account and click on the word "edit" next to any child’s account. Any questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Handipoints does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Handipoints under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Handipoints communicate with you about offers from Handipoints and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Personally identifiable information posted by the user, at the user’s own discretion, in online bulletin boards, blogs, news groups or other public forums may be displayed publicly by the website and is not the responsibility of Handipoints.
- Handipoints displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria for example, women ages 30-40 from a particular geographic area.
- Handipoints does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Handipoints advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- Handipoints works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
Parents may choose to sign up for our paid membership, the Cool Cats Club. In order to process a subscription for the Cool Cats Club, we collect financial information. We do not use this financial information for any purpose other than processing payments for the subscription service. The financial information that you enter to purchase a membership is not stored by Handipoints, but, instead, is retained by our payment processing vendor for the purpose of processing credit card payments. That information is safeguarded with appropriate security, and it will not be used for other purposes. Furthermore, our payment processing vendor has agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal and financial information it obtains from the Handipoints website, and only to use this information as is applicable to process payments for the Cool Cats Club. Our financial institution is bound by all applicable privacy laws relating to the provision of financial services.
- Handipoints may set and access Handipoints cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that we place in visitors' computer browsers to store their preferences. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies.
- Handipoints lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Handipoints’s cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Handipoints Account Information including your marketing preferences at any time by logging in to your account and clicking on your name in the top right hand corner. This will take you to your account options. Any questions should be addressed to email@example.com.
- New categories of marketing communications might be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Handipoints service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Handipoints Newsletter, that are considered part of your Handipoints account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- You can delete your Handipoints account by sending a written request via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents can review, edit, and delete information relating to their child’s Handipoints account by logging in to your account and clicking on the word "edit" next to any child’s account. Any questions should be addressed to email@example.com.
- If a parent chooses not to allow us to further collect or use a child’s information, parents enrolled in Handipoints Family Accounts can delete their child’s account by sending a written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- All personal information is stored in a password protected database behind an encrypted, secure firewall.
- We do not store credit card or payment information on our servers.
- Handipoints may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Handipoints account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
- You may contact Handipoints at any time by emailing email@example.com or writing to:
- 1050 Clarendon Crescent
- Oakland, CA 94610