Read the story and answer the questions to test your comprehension.
A guesser must guess a word, one letter at a time. If they miss a letter, a part is added to the picture of a hanging man. If the picture of the man is finished before the word, the guesser loses. This game came from Victorian times and, in the late 1800's, was called “Birds, Beasts and Fishes."
1. What was this game called in Victorian times?
- a. Flowers and Fame
- b. Fishes and Bees
- c. Birds, Beasts and Fishes
2. When does a guesser lose?
- a. If they guess the word
- b. If the picture is done before the word
- c. If there is no picture
3. What does a guesser guess in Hangman?
- a. A song
- b. A word
- c. A sentence