Read the story and answer the questions to test your comprehension.
A guesser must guess a word, one letter at a time. If they miss a letter, a part is added to the picture of a hanging man. If the picture of the man is finished before the word, the guesser loses. This game came from Victorian times and, in the late 1800's, was called “Birds, Beasts and Fishes."
1. What was this game called in Victorian times?
- a. Birds, Beasts and Fishes
- b. Fishes and Bees
- c. Flowers and Fame
2. When does a guesser lose?
- a. If there is no picture
- b. If the picture is done before the word
- c. If they guess the word
3. What does a guesser guess in Hangman?
- a. A sentence
- b. A song
- c. A word