National Foundation Day
Read the story and answer the questions to test your comprehension.
South Koreans celebrate National Foundation Day on October 3rd. It celebrates the myth that Korea was founded by King Dangun in 2333 B.C. The name of the festival in Korean means "the day the sky opened," because Koreans believe that they are direct descendants of Heaven or a heavenly god.
1. National Foundation Day has another name. What is it?
- a. The day the sky opened
- b. The day the moon smiled
- c. The day the Koreans came home
2. Which King founded Korea?
- a. King Chulseok
- b. King Dangun
- c. King Hansik
3. When do South Koreans celebrate National Foundation Day?
- a. August 17th
- b. October 3rd
- c. July 4th