The First Full Moon
Read the story and answer the questions to test your comprehension.
The festival of the First Full Moon is celebrated by both South and North Korea and timed according to the lunar calendar. There are kite flying ceremonies and moon viewing. This holiday inspires a lot of mountain and roof climbers because it is said that the first person to see the moon will have good luck all year.
1. What person will have good luck all year?
- a. The first to see the sun
- b. The first to see the moon
- c. The first to see the starts
2. What kind of ceremonies do Koreans have for the First Full Moon?
- a. Dance
- b. Kite-flying
- c. Candle
3. Which countries celebrate the First Full Moon?
- a. South Korea
- b. North Korea
- c. Both