Read the story and answer the questions to test your comprehension.
The first model train sets, called "carpet railways," became popular in England in the 1840's. Electric train sets were developed around the turn of the 20th century, in the 1900s. Train sets include locomotives, train cars, switches and all sorts of scenery and are built to scale from real train models.
1. What were the first model train sets called?
- a. Carpet railways
- b. Mini trains
- c. Trolley sets
2. When did the first model trains become popular?
- a. 1860's
- b. 1840's
- c. 1850's
3. When were electric trains developed?
- a. Turn of the 20th century
- b. Turn of the 19th century
- c. Turn of the 21st century